Carmel College welcomes international studnets to our community. we make sure that our students are offered the best in education as well as making sure that they feel cared for and supported while they are in New Zealand. But why Carmel College?
Students at Carmel College excel. We are:
• One of the top academic schools in Auckland – our results are well above the New Zealand national average.
• The only school to feature in all of Metro magazines 2011 top ten lists for pass rates for students.
• A multi-levelling school, which means that students are placed in classes that match their strengths.
• Located on Auckland’s North Shore in a safe and caring community.
• Successful with our International students, who have gone on to study at major universities in America, England,
Australia, as well as New Zealand and their home country.
• Able to offer school camps and activities that develop leadership skills and initiative.
• A single-sex school – this offers girls the opportunity to focus on their ambitions, expand their horizons, and reach
their full potential.
• Proud of our top-class teaching and support staff that make Carmel College the best.
What else are we good at?
• Winner of Stage Challenge Raw Division 2012.
• First IX Hockey winner of the Intercity School Competition, Division 2, 2011. Runner up of the Chica Gilmer
Secondary School Competition, 2011. Winner of the Marie Fry Competition, 2012.
• Barbershop Chorus Group – 3rd in the Auckland Competition, 2011 and 3rd in the Auckland Regional Young
Singers Competition, 2012.
• Orchestra – 3rd in the KBB Band and Orchestra Festival, 2011.
• Jazz Band – 3rd in the KBB Festival, 2012
• Senior Waterpolo – 3rd in the North Island Competition 2012.
• Dance group selected for the Nationals Championships 2013.
• We provide a wide range of sporting, music and extracurricular activities – there is something for everyone.
Please click here to read what the parent of an International Student has to say about Carmel College.