Spread love everywhere you go. Let no one ever come to you without leaving happier. – Mother Teresa
My mission at Carmel is about making our Catholic faith “real, liveable and sustainable” for both students and staff. It is about upholding and exploring the Core Mercy Values and charisms and helping to make these values real in the lives of the Carmel Community.
My role entails:
- Maintaining an active relationship with the North Shore parishes.
- Training of student leaders in Word and Communion.
- Working with Liturgy Representatives to support and encourage them in their leadership role.
- Provide weekly opportunity to attend Mass, Liturgy or Praise and worship for students and staff.
- Always being available to all students, to listen and comfort.
- Liaise with School Counsellor for pastoral needs.
- Assisting with liturgies for retreats.
- Member of the Special Character team who organise whole school Masses and Liturgical celebrations
- Facilitation of Seasons for Growth (Grief Companioning Programme) for adults and students.
- Coordinate the Sacramental Programme (Baptism, Reconciliation and Communion) and connect students with their Parish.
Carmel College Chaplain
Phone: 486 1132 ext:740