As a reminder from previous communique, over the next 7 weeks the following industrial action has been confirmed:
Week 2: Thursday 4 May – Year 11 (today)
Week 3: Tuesday 9 May – Year 12 Thursday 11 May – Year 13
Week 4: Tuesday 16 May – Year 9 Wednesday 17 May – Year 10
Week 5: Thursday 25 May – Year 11
Week 6: Tuesday 30 May – Year 13 Thursday 1 June – Year 12
Week 7: Tuesday 6 June – Year 10 Thursday 8 June – Year 9
Nature of the action
- On the days notified above, students in the named year level will not be taught or supervised by PPTA members. This means that students in the year level above are not to attend school.
- Extra curricular activities (sports, cultural and art events), will still occur.
- For example: if your Year 9 daughter has a netball game on Tuesday 16 May, this game will still go ahead.
- For clarity, on days notified above, teaching and supervision of other year levels not subject to the strike action will continue as normal.
- While students can and will be expected to work on assigned work, no special preparation of work for online platforms for the day they are rostered home will be available.
For students at Carmel College:
- When Year 9 is rostered home, those who are under 14 years of age will be able to be supervised on site, if required.
- The afternoon before a year level is rostered home, we will send a reminder via the SchoolBridge app.
PLEASE NOTE: Planned Full Day Strike, Thursday 11 May
- There is a planned strike for all PPTA members on Thursday 11 May.
- Official notification is expected at least three days beforehand.
- If the official strike notice is received, this will be communicated via email and the SchoolBridge app.
- If the strike proceeds on Thursday 11 May, the college will be closed, and only open for supervision for students under 14 years of age.
- More information will follow dependent upon receiving an official confirmation notice.