When young women attend Carmel College, our vision is that they receive an education with opportunities that will see them empowered to challenge and shape the future. Our hope is that they will live by our Mercy values whereby they are compassionate and respectful, where they will seek justice for others and themselves, and where they will have the courage to pursue their ambitions.
In 2022 the Carmel College Board of Trustees introduced an annual award called the BOT Excellence Award with the idea that the recipients of this award will have brought honour to themselves and also to Carmel College through their achievements.
The inaugural award was presented at the senior prizegiving to past student, Grace Stratton in recognition of her outstanding achievements in the area of disability advocacy in business.
The Board is calling for nominations for the 2023 BOT Excellence Award and, therefore, invites any member of our community to nominate a past student or staff (current or past) member who they believe is deserving of this prestigious award.
- Attendance at Carmel College for at least one full academic year.
- The nominee must have attained a notable degree of prominence through professional endeavour, research, volunteerism, and involvement within the local or global community.
- Special consideration will be given to those who demonstrate significant initiative by starting innovative service projects, research, businesses or other original enterprises.
- Received recognition by professional organisations for significant professional contributions, discoveries, or creative work through honours, awards, and/or media attention.
- Serves as an outstanding role model for alumni, current and future Carmel College students.
- Excluded from consideration: prior recipients, current trustees, or current selection committee members.
Nominations close on Monday, 11 September 2023.
If you would like to nominate someone please fill in the nomination form HERE.