Carmel College students will have as many as five different careers and 17 different employers in their lives. Today’s top professions such as Engineering, Medicine, Law, Finance and IT will experience massive change through technological innovation, and STEAM skills will be the key for enabling students to navigate all future industries successfully. We believe Space Exploration is a wonderful way to showcase the dynamics and diversity of applying STEAM skills in a highly innovative environment.
We are partnering with the California Association for STEAM Education (CASE) and Actura to offer our students a unique opportunity to participate in an exceptional STEAM learning experience at NASA in the USA in December 2020 for 14 days. There is an Information Evening being held at the school on Wednesday September 4 in the Carmel College Theatre for Junior at 6pm and Senior 7:30pm.
Your child will have their passion ignited and will:
- Discover NASA technologies with industry experts;
- Participate in astronaut training and mission simulations;
- Perform shark dissection and cellular analysis to understand the human body in space;
- Engage with inspirational guest speakers from the space industry; and
- Participate in cultural enrichment through big atmosphere NBA sports games, amazing local food and interesting sites such as the prestigious Rice University.
This is a fantastic opportunity to learn beyond the classroom in the most inspiring environment.
Head to this website for more information and to RSVP to the Information Evening:
If you are thinking that this may be an opportunity for your daughter, please join us at the Information Evening session. We look forward to seeing you there.