The long-awaited Watercare wastewater upgrade has now progressed along Shakespeare Road and is now outside Carmel College.
This has made the following changes:
- It is not possible to turn right on Shakespeare Road into Carmel College when heading from Smales Farm.
- All traffic leaving Carmel College needs to turn left and head towards Smales Farm.
- In the morning and afternoon, the bus bay outside Carmel College is closed and cannot be used as a pick-up or drop-off point.
- In the morning please use the temporary bus stop outside the Dialysis unit to drop off your children safely.
- In the afternoon please arrange a place to pick up your child on one of the side streets.
For more details please use this link to go to the Watercare website https://www.watercare.co.nz/About-us/Projects-around-Auckland/Alma-and-Shakespeare-Roads-wastewater-pipeline-rep