Date: Tuesday 14 February – 9.00am
Where: AUT Millennium Stadium, 17 Antares Place, Rosedale
Note that there is no saver day – if the weather is too bad, Athletics Day will not go ahead. Students should be prepared for a normal school day. An email will be sent to all students at 7am on the day or the night before if the event is cancelled.
Transport: students are to make their own way there. Students must be at the venue by 9.00am. There are four buses running from Carmel to bring those who cannot get to the stadium from home, meeting at the front courtyard to leave at 8.45am. Students need to indicate if they are catching these buses on their permission forms prior to the day. Please note these buses are for the students who have no other option to get the venue due to distance from home.
Cost: $20 for the day as a joint cost with Swimming Sports. This amount will be invoiced to your daughter’s student account.
- Mufti/dress up in their loudest and brightest house colours and costumes
- Bring all their own food, lots of water, sunblock, hat, sunglasses and some shade if they like, eg a beach tent or umbrella etc.
- Coins for the BBQ selling sausages, drinks and iceblocks
- All students are encouraged to participate in something, and so all should bring sports shoes.
- If it looks like we might get a few showers, it would be a good idea for students to bring some rain protection.
1500m Runners: Any student wishing to compete in this event will need to arrive earlier for an 8.30am start to run this before the day officially starts.
Any student who needs to leave for a necessary appointment during the day must sign out with staff. Parents must have contacted the school beforehand. No students are to be allowed out to go to the cafes, Subway or Mcdonald’s.
All parents are welcome to come and support this event.