Start of School 2023
Tuesday, 31 January – Term 1 commences for all new students
- 9.00am-3.15pm – Year 7
- 9.00am-12.00pm – Years 8-10
- 11.00am-12.30pm – Years 11-13
- Students need to bring their devices, packed lunches and water bottles. The tuckshop will NOT be open.
On this day ONLY, entrance to the school will be as follows:
- Students arriving by bus or walking, enter through the pedestrian gate by the traffic lights on Shakespeare Road.
- Students being dropped off by car – parents, please drive in the main gate (Gate 2), let your daughter out of the car, then leave via Gate 1 (the gate closest to Milford). There will be Carmel staff directing the traffic flow. College map
If you are picking your daughter up in the afternoon, please arrange a pick up location with your daughter outside of the school grounds, being respectful of the College neighbours’ property and driveways. Parents are not allowed on site to pick up students at 3.15pm at any time during the year. The school gates will be shut from 8.30am each morning, then closed again at 3.00pm.
Wednesday, 1 February – Term 1 commences for all other returning students
We will be holding a powhiri to welcome our new staff and students at 9.30am. Parents are welcome to attend. The venue for the powhiri is weather dependent but is likely to be on the school field. Please note: there will be no parking in the school grounds.
We encourage as many students as possible to use public transport on this day.