Orientation Day – Friday 13 November
Year 7 to Year 9 students and parents are welcome for an introduction to Carmel College. The programme for the morning will be as follows;
9:00 – 9:30 am
Prayer and Acting Principal’s address to visitors
9:50 – 11:15 am
- Parents – Support at Carmel, Learning Support, parent information and communication, PTFA and morning tea.
- New students – Introduction to Houses, Deans and Tuakana Leaders. Activities to get to know new students in your House. Meet your Atawhai teacher. Shared morning tea provided by the students in your year.
11.15 – 12 noon – Parents and New students
- Special Character at Carmel
- Learning at Carmel
- Co-Curricular at Carmel
- Learning at Year 7 & 8
- Acting Principal closes orientation
- Staff available to answer questions
Please ensure your daughter brings a drink bottle on the day and if your daughter has special dietary requirements please bring a snack for her, as other students in the group will provide the shared morning tea. Please note that parking is not available in the school grounds and that there is minimal parking in the surrounding streets.
The uniform suppliers will be at the college from 9 – 9:30 am to provide uniform information.
The staff and students at Carmel College look forward to meeting the new students and their families at orientation.