Tuesday, 1 February – Term 1 commences for all new students
- 9.00am-3.15pm – Year 7
- 9.00am-12.00pm – Years 8-10
- 11.00am-12.30pm – Years 11-13
- Students need to bring their devices, packed lunches and water bottles. The tuckshop will NOT be open.
Wednesday, 2 February – Term 1 commences for all other returning students
The school office will be open from Wednesday, 19 January 2022.
COVID-19 Protection Framework Traffic Lights – The Ministry of Education has indicated that Auckland will probably be operating under the Red Traffic Light when school starts in 2022. This means NO parents will be permitted to come into the school.
On the first day, entrance to the school will be as follows:
- Students arriving by bus or walking, enter through the pedestrian gate by the traffic lights on Shakespeare Road.
- Students being dropped off by car – parents, please drive in the main gate (Gate 2), let your daughter out of the car, then leave via Gate 1 (the gate closest to Milford). There will be Carmel staff directing the traffic flow. College map
If you are picking your daughter up in the afternoon, please arrange a pick up location with your daughter outside of the school grounds, being respectful of the College neighbours’ property and driveways. Parents are not allowed on site to pick up students at 3.15pm at any time during the year. The school gates will be shut from 8.30am each morning, then closed again at 3.00pm.
Should the situation change over the holiday period, parents will be notified.
Contacts and General Information
If there are any issues to be discussed with the school, the first point of contact is your daughter’s Dean (new students will be advised of their House on the first day), followed by members of the Senior Leadership Team and then the Principal. As it may be difficult to phone during the school day, emailing is the recommended communication method. Email contacts for all staff are found HERE
- Website – a lot of important information will be communicated via the website and in the school newsletter; please check these regularly. Please refer to the FAQs tab prior to the start of the school year. Information is also in the student diary. If your daughter is absent, email email@example.com
- Parent Portal – The Carmel Portal is an important resource for parents and caregivers to access whilst their child is attending the College. At this point in time the portal gives access to Daily Notices, Personal Information, Timetable, Attendance, NCEA Results and Archived Reports. Parents of new students will be given a login to access the Parent Portal early next year.
- PTFA contact person – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Buses – School buses depart school from 3.15 pm onwards. See Carmel website – Menu – student and parent information – Buses. Parents, please check before the first day of school to find out which bus your daughter should catch. Staff will help your daughter to find the correct bus but they do not know where each of the 20+ buses go.
- Lockers – Lockers are the property of Carmel College and are assigned to students for their use for approved purposes only. Lockers may be subject to inspection periodically by school officials only. Security of a locker and its contents is the responsibility of the student assigned to the locker. It is recommended students do not keep valuables in their assigned locker.
- Year 7 – In 2022 Year 7 students are required to have a locker.
- Lockers will be assigned at a cost of $15.00 and this amount will be charged to your daughter’s student account.
- Locker location, number and key will be given to each student at the beginning of Term 1, 2022.
- Years 8-13 -Lockers are an optional purchase for these students.
- Years 9-13 can retain the same locker each year so may keep their key or padlock. A cost of $15.00 will be charged to your daughter’s student account. If they do not want to retain their locker they must notify Mrs Dey (as below).
- Please note: if your daughter has lost her key or needs a replacement, a charge of $10.00 will be added to your daughter’s student account.
- If you have any queries, please contact Mrs Liane Dey (email@example.com)
- Use the Locker Confirmation & Request Form 2022 to request your locker.
- Digital devices – for specifications and purchase offers, please consult the website. Menu – student and parent information – BYOD/e-Learning.
- Responsible Use Agreements – if you have not already done so, please sign and return the Responsible Use Agreement relating to your daughter’s College IT account. Please note, that in order for student email addresses to be set up and working at the start of the 2022 school year, a signed agreement must have been received. Please click HERE for the Responsible Use Agreement.
- Stationery/Workbooks – Stationery and workbook lists will be available before school starts in 2022.
- School Diary – This is a compulsory purchase ($12) and will be added to your daughter’s student account together with her ID card ($7.50).
- Music at Carmel – Itinerant Music lessons; Co-curricular Music groups; 2021 Performances; links to Facebook
- Sports at Carmel – 2022 Sports Information
- Waterwise – Carmel College runs a programme of Waterwise (sailing and water safety) on Lake Pupuke for Year 7&8 students. Parent helpers and instructors are needed to operate this programme. If the parents of any new Year 7&8 students starting 2022 are interested in becoming Waterwise Instructors, please email Mrs Jenny Green (firstname.lastname@example.org) for further details and register for training sessions in late January and February.
- Uniform – Uniform requirements can be accessed on the website, Menu – student and parent information – Uniform. The compulsory uniform items for all students are: blazer, skirt, cardigan, shirt and black leather lace-up shoes and ankle socks. Carmel PE top/shorts/leggings are also compulsory for students in Years 7-10. Optional uniform items are: rain jacket, sun hat, scarf and flat, plain, black sandals with a back strap e.g. Roman sandals.
- Uniform Shop – All school uniform items can be purchased from our supplier, NZ Uniforms. Their retail shop is located at – 19A Douglas Alexander Parade, Rosedale.
Term Dates 2022
Term 1 2022 – Tuesday 1 February (for new students) / Wednesday 2 February (for returning students) to Thursday 14 April
Term 2 2022 – Monday 2 May to Friday 8 July
Term 3 2022 – Monday 25 July to Friday 30 September
Term 4 2022 – Monday 17 October to Friday 9 December (to be confirmed)