Over the next few weeks there are a number of key dates that we wish to highlight.
Saturday 19 November: PTFA Christmas Market
- 10am-3pm, Oaktree Lawn
- Students in Year 7 will be decorating Christmas trees and creating a Christmas grotto that can be viewed during the day; students in Year 8 have made Joy jars that will be sold; and students in Year 9-10 have been given a cake box with the intention that they will bring in baked goods to sell at the bake stall.
- Please bring in baked goods on Friday to the front office, or before 10am on Saturday. We thank you in advance for your support as this stall will see all profits going towards the college and improving our outdoor education spaces.
- We encourage you all to come along to what will be an amazing market, and look forward to seeing you there.
Week 6 – Monday 21 and Tuesday 22 November: Teacher Only Day
- The college will not be open for instruction to students in Years 7-10.
- Senior students sitting NCEA examinations must still come in to sit their exams over these two days.
Week 7 – Monday 28 November – Friday 2 December: Activity week
- A range of activities will run throughout the week.
- Year 10 students have camp during this week, separate information has been sent and features in this newsletter also.
- All students are expected to be at school to participate in the activities.
Friday 2 December: Paid Union Meeting
- The college will close at 12pm as staff are to attend a Paid Union Meeting.
- If your daughter requires supervision until 3.15pm, please advise the school.
Week 8 – Thursday 8 December: Prizegiving
- Year 7-10 prizegiving, 9.30am-12pm – school finishes for all students at 12pm.
- Parents are welcome.
- COVID – we have recently seen an increase in Covid cases. There is no need for alarm, but we ask that health advice is followed, in that, if your daughter is unwell please keep her home and ensure she is tested for Covid.
- If a positive Covid result is returned, students must isolate for 7 days. Household contacts are just to test daily and must return a negative result each day for up to 5 days.
We are looking forward to an exciting yet busy end to the school year. To our junior students I would like to remind them that through their participation, by being involved in various activities and opportunities, they will develop the skills and attributes to be equipped and empowered to pursue their own personal excellence and will be prepared to challenge and shape their futures. So please encourage your daughter to make the most of the final weeks of 2022.