Tena koutou katoa. Nga mihi atawhai nui.
Welcome to the 2022 school year and a very special welcome to all those who are new to our Carmel learning community.
We are very pleased with our continued growing roll – we have had to put on an additional Year 7 class again for this year. It is good to see that parents and their daughters appreciate the quality, holistic education that we are able to deliver to our learning community.
We welcome the following new teaching staff to the college:
- Briony Blewden – RE teacher
- Madeleine Murphy – RE teacher
- Toni Ferns – PE and Health
- Michelle Dickson – Y8 CLG teacher
- Summer Coughlan – Y8 CLG teacher
- Kate Goudie – Y8 CLG teacher
- Emma Cleland – Y7 CLG teacher
- Michella Coenen – Y7 CLG teacher
- Lauren Keahy – Guidance Counsellor
- Tina Kwok – Guidance Councellor
- Jojo Hua – Language teacher – Chinese
These are some of the staff role changes for 2022:
- Lois Bruce – Careers and Gateway
- Kate Gan – Maternity leave starting 4 February
- Siobhan Harrod – 32 weeks study leave from 28 February until November
- Anna O’Farrell – Pastoral care in SLT for Siobhan’s study leave (no longer a Dean)
- Monica Moore – Acting HOD RE
- Maurice Nelson – Across school leader for Kahui Ako and HOD Languages for 32 weeks for Siobhan’s study leave
- Brydie Stephens – Acting HOD PE and Health (no longer a Dean)
- Kelly Watts – Teaching Te Reo and tikanga
- Katy Body – Not CLG teacher
- Fiona Sahinkaya – House Dean (McAuley)
- Henry Whipp – House Dean (Justine)
- Katie Pidgeon – House Dean (Pompallier)
As we are starting the year in the Red setting, we know that this is going to bring its challenges in terms of keeping us all onsite for our learning. We will endeavour to keep you informed of what is happening and keep our planning for all scenarios under constant review.
‘Our whānau need to ask for the gift of the Spirit! Through prayer, even in the busiest times, we give time back to God, we find peace that comes from appreciating the important things, and we encounter the joy of God’s unexpected gifts. Through daily prayer may our community become, like the house of Martha and Mary, places where Jesus always finds a warm welcome’. Pope Francis.