A message from the Mental Health Foundation of New Zealand:
Kia ora kaiako/teachers and tauira/students from Carmel College,
Thanks so much for your Pink Shirt Day donation! Your support is making Aotearoa a kinder, more inclusive place, where diversity is celebrated and all people feel safe, valued and respected.
When schools and kura like yours get behind Pink Shirt Day it means more people are aware of the impact their words and actions can have on others, and why it’s so important to spread aroha and kindness.
100% of your donation goes towards the Pink Shirt Day kaupapa. Your support enables the Mental Health Foundation to run Pink Shirt Day, raise awareness about bullying prevention and provide resources that promote inclusive workplaces, schools and communities.
Thanks to Pink Shirt Day donations we:
• reach more than 2,000 schools and kura nationwide each year to share messages and classroom activities that help prevent bullying
• have funded InsideOUT to run rainbow-inclusive schools workshops
• collaborate with communities, including rainbow, Māori and Pasifika, to strengthen messages of inclusion
• engage with workplaces to celebrate diversity and create fairer, more welcoming and respectful environments
• continue delivering resources that celebrate diversity, spread aroha and prevent bullying in Aotearoa.
We hope you’ll continue your Pink Shirt Day mahi throughout the year; encouraging your tauira to be Upstanders and creating environments where everyone can thrive and feel safe and included.
From our team to everyone who contributed from your kura or school – thank you again for joining us to Kōrero Mai, Kōrero Atu, Mauri Tū, Mauri Ora – Speak Up, Stand Together, Stop Bullying. We can’t wait to celebrate Pink Shirt Day with you in 2022!
Nāku iti nei,
Mental Health Foundation of New Zealand